June 27, 2004

Brief vegetarian rantings.

I, too, know the joy of finding non-leather essential items. Though it is a rare thing here in Carver. I will admit, though, that I still have one purse that is leather, and several pairs of shoes.

With all of the advancements we have made in vegetarian foods, why is that non-leather items are so slow to follow?

Somewhat related: I was talking to a chemist friend of mine today who is reading up on early pioneers in his field and found nearly an entire book devoted to chemists who were found dead at their work benches for sniffing and/or tasting things they weren't supposed to sniff and/or taste. It got me wondering when chemists began doubting themselves so much that they decided to bring animals into the mix. I mean really, where is the self-confidence there?

And I have successfully cut fish from my diet yet again last week, after about five months of weakness. Swim on, little tunas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home