February 21, 2004

Hang in there, bro.

Chris, I am very very sorry to hear about your family history of diabetes and your doctor's reaction. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but you are far far healthier than your dad is, since you take entirely better care of yourself. You take extremely good care of yourself. You can fight and are fighting your family history. You are in better shape than anyone I know, and I know a good number of people who are in the military. Hell, you were in good shape when we were teenagers and you had never thought about the Navy. If it will make you feel better, have that blood test, and you will see that you are in tip-top condition.

I know it's something to think about (I have a strong family history of diabetes, too, on both sides of my parents), but you should know that you are in better shape than the men in your family who got diabetes -- and that you will be fine.

And on a lighter, but no less true note, read this article, which says that coffee can prevent diabetes in men.

And if you are still really freaked out, give me a call anytime, bro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home