February 16, 2004

Southern Illinois University finally has a nicer website.

Southern Illinois University Carbondale has finally decided that our terrible website deserves some sprucing up. By that, I mean that the university has a website now that looks like the website of a research university in 2004 -- and not some Cold War era page about how to fight the Reds. Seriously, our previous web design looked like it predated the Internet itself, maybe even computers -- or the written word! The new site is just so much of an improvement over the old one that I - I - I - I don't know what to say. I think I'm going to faint...

No, I didn't faint. But check out the site. And check out the Philosophy Department's website in the Links section. Hee hee hee.

In other SIU-related news, they are rebuilding our library. It is huge (three times the size of O'Neill with two Ls at Boston College), but very ugly. Again with the Cold War era design. Here's a picture of what it will look like when it is finished. I won't show you a picture of it now. Yes, it is that ugly.

In Blog Collective-related news, the cool guy who runs the Carbondaley Dispatch (see Links, "Best Blog in Carbondale") emailed us at the blog's email address. How cool is that? His blog is very very very cool, and you should read it everyday -- even if you don't live in Carbondale. I read it for months before I lived here. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home