September 07, 2004

1,000 dead.

It seems that one thousand American lives have been lost in Iraq, all but 138 lost after Dubbya declared "Mission Accomplished" in May 2003.

Bush was in Poplar Bluff, Missouri yesterday. Not far from here. Some mis-guided geezers with nothing better to do got him to come with something like 10,000 signatures. That doesn't seem like much. Seems to me like they could have gotten more than that telling that guy to stay the hell out of the Heartland. I'd have copied the letter by hand 10,000 times myself.

Too bad that Kerry is losing in the poles. My wife is right. Kerry needs an attack-dog. Why the hell is he not calling Bush on the war, on not coming up with Bin Laden, on the fact that so many nations in the world hate us now? I understand wanting to run a "clean" campaign. But come on. There's a greater good here, namely, getting Bush out of the White House. Most of the people I know who are going to vote for Kerry are voting for him for negative reasons: just because he's the only person with a shot at getting Bush out. I don't think this is an isolated phenomenon, either. It seems that Kerry might get people to at least vote against Bush with a few nice attack ads. In a few weeks, I'll be voting against Bush, not necessarily voting for Kerry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home