August 20, 2005

Jenna-isms.

That used to be the name of my made-up religion (back when I was in denial about my Catholicism... not so long ago? Still?).

Anyways, here are the 5 idiosyncrasies about myself that first came to mind:

1.) I count silently when I run. But only when I'm running on a track. And only double-digit numbers, usually starting in the twenties or thirties and counting on-beat with my footsteps. This started in my high school track days. Not sure why.

2.) I obsessively pick at my beer bottles' lables until they are folding up on both sides... and usually come off altogether.

3.) My darling boyfriend would tell you that I sit with my hands or fingers positioned over my lips when I'm trying to avoid a subject of conversation. But then I would tell you that he picks at his right eyebrow when he is deep in thought.

4.) Whenever I wear long sleeves I pull them down over my hands.

5.) I go through a roll of papertowels easily when I cook.

It's so much easier coming up with other people's little indiosyncrasies!

Anyways, not much new going on here. Law school starts Monday. New job starts the week after that! That will be cool. No more two hour commute up to class at night. My new job is less than 5 miles away from my school (Suffolk U in Boston).

Oh! And my MOTHER was stung by a bee during a road race that we ran last weekend and almost DIED!!! She and I have always been very sensitive to stings, but never knew it could develop into a fullblown allergy. It wasn't fun. It was also her 49th birthday. She woke up the following morning with a bunch of white hairs (I kid you not... and this is a woman who has a full head of dark brown hair!). So I've been very, very thankful to those scientists who created the lifesaving epipen they gave her at the medical tent before whisking her to the hospital via ambulance. The doc said if they hadn't have given it to her, she wouldn't be here.

You should all call your mothers tonight. How's that for an after school special?

I love the pencil sharpener picture, by the way. I'm going to try to post some before the weekend is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home