July 24, 2005

Stick to H2O.

I am very anti-sports drink at the moment.

I could go into it, but first I'd like to say that I am very happy to be back blogging with all of you. My ability (or inability) to post regularly has been directly related to laptop problems over the last year or so. Lack of adequate internet capabilities. Viruses (which has made me a little leary of re-downloading that picture-posting software... Happy? Anyone else have trouble that may have been traced back to it? I guess my problems could have been traced back to anything.). Warped screen. Green stripes and so forth. Anyways, I know I've said this before, but these problems should soon be a thing of the past. I'm breaking down and buying a new friggin' laptop.

I just have to. It's okay. I've accepted it.

With that out of the way, I would next like to say that I am sidelined in bed right now and in need of a nap. Some of you know that enjoy running. Quite masochistic, I know. Well, I went out on a 9 miler last night. Ran out of water at mile 3. To make a long story short, I came back severely dehydrated, guzzled a half-bottle of a leading sports drink that promises to replenish electrolytes and rehydrate, and promptly detected a stomach issue. A violent stomach issue. Which got me wondering what the heck these sports drink scientists do with their stupid time if their product - engineered to be better than water - makes the severely thirsty vomit.

Honestly! I'm quite ticked off! 24 hours later and I'm still rehydrating and rebuilding my strength! With water, I might add. Beautiful, wonderful, spectacular Poland Spring!!! God(dess) bless the springs of Maine.

I guess I've learned simply that sports drink scientists can't compete with nature. Water is the proverbial building block of life. And aside from orange juice with calcium (kudos to the juice scientists who got it right!), we need no other drink!

Nevermind that I was the nimrod who didn't completly fill her Camelbak before a long run. Shh!! Irrelevant!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatik thinks...

lol

10:37 AM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger jlcp thinks...

You are correct, Chris. I was so caught up in my rant I missed what I was saying.

So what IS the proverbial building block?

8:15 PM, August 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home