October 02, 2004

It's a chilly night in Mass.

I've been meaning and meaning to post. I've just been too sick or tired or distracted lately to get my butt in gear to do it. I also have a few pictures I want to upload.

The leaves are changing here. Already it's looking like the colors will be very vivid this year. I absolutely LOVE October. It is definitely the most beautiful month. It smells good. It feels good. It's the perfect month to go for long walks with someone you love. We've got hot apple cider and Halloween. Football games and fall baseball. All sorts of vegetation (save a pumpkin, carve a ghourd). Every autumn I have flashbacks to high school when I first read Emerson and Thoreau and thought this is what is meant to be a transendentalist. Any good autumn quotations, Johnny?

(And I have to say that October was the ONLY time I would feel homesick in Maryland. Something just didn't feel right. Too green for too long. Come November I would be fine. September wasn't a problem, either.)

By the way, Johnny, I had a dream about you the other night. I'll send you an e-mail all about it.

Anyways, I hope you're all well. Interesting debate the other night, eh? I was more impressed with Kerry than I expected to be. I still think he's wishy washy, though. And Bush... is still Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home